POSITION/TITLE: C#/SQL Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP Firmware Engineering
REVISION DATE: May 8, 2018
Dynamics Inc. is a mature high-tech start-up that designs, manufactures and markets intelligent powered payment devices. We focus on introducing fast-cycle innovation to top bank card issuers and our signature innovation is the world's first fully programmable magnetic stripe used in our next-generation payment cards that utilize all three industry transaction methods: swipe, pin & chip and tap. Recently, we have integrated powered card technology into fully interactive, client facing websites and back-end processing systems.
Dynamics believes a great company culture comes from hiring the most talented, team-oriented people that work well together in a fast paced environment. Join the start-up team at Dynamics as a key player in creating the future of payments and card technology.
Dynamics is currently seeking an enthusiastic and engaged Software Engineer that will be responsible for designing and building the software that powers our manufacturing and personalization operations. You will be part of a team that pushes past the limits of existing technologies in a fast-paced environment where creativity and initiative are rewarded. In this role you will work closely with many areas of the company, including engineering, manufacturing, production, quality assurance, and information technology.
- Design and build software in C# to support the manufacturing and personalization teams
- Design and implement relational database schemas to support the manufacturing and personalization software
- Define and understand product software requirements and develop estimates
- Write and execute product specifications, verification plans and documentation
- Work with the manufacturing and production teams to understand the production process
- Meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize work with minimal oversight
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion in a dynamic and changing environment
- Take initiative to learn new skills, research independently, and keep current with new technologies
- Fluency in C# and expertise in Windows application development
- Fluency in SQL and expertise in relational database schema design
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field
- Expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both business and technical settings
- Experience with embedded software development is a plus, but not required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.