careers with dynamics
Dynamics is actively looking for intelligent, committed and innovative thinkers to join our team of world-class engineering, business and manufacturing professionals.
If you are interested in applying to one of the careers below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE IT / CLOUD ADMINISTRATOR
The Director of Corporate IT will handle hands on administration of both Partner (customer-facing) and corporate (internal) environments. This role will take on responsibility for all hardware and OS aspects of these environments and associated internal and external SLAs. This role will report directly to the General Manager of Software or the CIO and have KPIs based on existing SLAs. The position is primarily hands on with a 60/40 ratio of hands-on duties versus management. IT Operations and IS consists of systems administrators and network engineers with a large number of running virtual machines in multiple facilities and MPLS points in numerous locations.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain external SLAs with existing customers.
- Maintain and improve internal SLAs for Exchange, network uptime/capacity and virtualization.
- Track record of completing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/CS or related field, or equivalent in work experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Enterprise Linux System Administration or Windows System Administration (with relevant experience in the other)
- Minimum of five (5) years in a lead DevOps role
- Advanced experience and knowledge of network infrastructure (WAN/LAN/Wireless)
- Advanced experience with enterprise storage (Netapp preferred, EMC or similar)
- Advanced/Expert level expertise with standard Microsoft Enterprise Platforms (Exchange, Active Directory, WSUS, SCCM)
- Advanced expertise with virtualized infrastructure (Xenserver preferred, VMware or Hyper-V)
- Solid foundation planning/implementing Disaster Recovery, Service Continuity Management and Business Continuity Processes
- Expereince managing vendor relationships, soliciting and evaluating proposals
- Proven leadership experience managing a high performing team
- Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, similar)
- Experience in highly available web environment with on-call responsibilities
- Professional experience managing/operating production systems on AWS
- Good grasp of fundamental security concepts
- Should be familiar with several of the following:
- Configuring & managing LAMP stack
- Desktop Administration (Patching, Software Deployment, inventory)
- Troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, netstat, iostat, sar)
- Network protocols HTTP, SMTP, NFS, DNS, SSH, LDAP, etc.
- OS Level patching & package management
- Network monitoring
- Databases (MySQL, AWS Aurora)
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Bamboo, Fisheye, Confluence)
- Cloud Services (AWS, Rackspace)
- Strong understanding of audit compliance and processes
- Deploying/scaling monitoring solutions (Nagios, similar)
- Designing and deployingload balancing solutions (F5, LoadBalancer, Haproxy, etc…)
- PwerShell Scripting
- Firm grasp of SSL/encryption principals and implementation
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Maintain and administer all local and enterprise network environments
- Server patching and monitoring
- Troubleshooting network, server, and web application issues
- Handling off-site vendor management requirments
- Firewall, Load Balancer, LAN/WAN routers and carrier management
- Capacity planning and providing recommendations to improve systems and network configurations
- Oversee enterprise production environment
- Respond, as required, when there are production-impacting issues.
- Provide IT support for on-site and remote users’ experience – hardware, software, networking and other computer-related technologies
- Competitive base salary.
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental
- Generous Paid Time-Off policy
Senior Enterprise Engineer
The Senior Enterprise Engineer will handle hands on administration of both Partner and corporate environments. This roll will take on responsibility for all hardware and OS aspects of these environments and associated internal and external SLAs. This role will report to either the Chief Architect or Chief Operating Officer and have KPIs based on existing SLAs. The position is a hands on position with no management responsibilities. The role operates as part of a team consisting of systems administrators and network engineers which are responsible for a large number of running virtual machines in multiple facilities and MPLS points in numerous locations.
Key Performance Indicators
• Intact external SLAs with existing customers.
• Internal SLAs for Exchange, Network uptime/capacity, Virtualization.
• Proficiency of projects completed on schedule.
• Minimum Bachelors of IT/CS or similar
• 7-10 years Experience
• Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, similar)
• Previous experience in: High availability environments (Tier 3+)
• Advanced/Expert level expertise with standard Microsoft Enterprise Platforms (Exchange, Active Directory, WSUS, SCCM)
• Advanced/Expert level expertise in enterprise linux (predominantly Centos and Ubuntu distributions)
• Advanced experience and knowledge of network infrastructure ( WAN/LAN/Wireless)
• Intermediate / Advanced experience with enterprise storage (Netapp preferred, EMC or similar)
• Advanced expertise with virtualized infrastructure (Xenserver preferred, VMware or Hyper-V)
• Solid foundation planning/implementing Disaster Recovery, Service Continuity Management, and Business Continuity Processes
• Able to operate as a highly contributing member of a high performing team
Desired Skills (a Plus to have)
• Deploying/Scaling monitoring solutions (Nagios, similar)
• Designing and deploying load balancing solutions (F5, LoadBalancer, haproxy, etc)
• PowerShell Scripting
• Firm grasp of SSL / encryption principles and implementation
• Working knowledge of HSM devices (PayShield or similar) a plus
Develop hardware for Dynamics powered payment cards.
- Schematic capture
- PCB design
- Prototyping bring-up and debugging
- Hardware bug tracking
- Test plan creation and execution
- Functional verification
- Signal characterization
- Manufacturing support
- 5+ years of related experience
- BSEE/MS preferred
- Experience with schematic capture and layout tools (Altium preferred)
- Effective in performing detailed circuit and layout design reviews
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting complex mixed signal circuits at component level
- Experience with microcontrollers and embedded mixed-signal systems
- Embedded systems programming experience in C
- Design, test and troubleshoot mixed signal systems at component level
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical issues and justify technical decision
- Proficient with oscilloscopes, power supplies, frequency generators, soldering irons and other off-the-shelf equipment
The Hardware Engineer is to be responsible for contributing to the development of Dynamics payments and card technology from the design through production phases.
- Collaborating with the development team to define requirements and estimate completion times
- Developing the next generation hardware platform incorporating the EMV application for MChip, VSDC, and PayPass technologies
- Integrating software with associated hardware
- Developing test methods for all aspects of the product
- Contributing to project document reviews and design/code reviews
- Working with a small team of developers in hardware design activities, including architecture, implementation, debugging, documentation, and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5–8 years of progressively responsible employment experience or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of progressively responsible employment experience
- Experience in:
- RF antennae design and simulation and RF testing — digital and analog design
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Component selection and prototyping
- Preparation of documentation, including user guides and test reports
- Design of RF power transmitters and embedded C programming for microcontrollers
Collaborate with a team of engineers to program and design the computer inside Dynamics powered payment cards. The firmware engineer with often work on simultaneous projects under tight deadlines, which often require independent research and learning new skills. To succeed in this role, the engineer must be able to communicate technical ideas effectively to colleagues in business roles.
- Work with the project team to define requirements and estimate completion times
- Code development, including architecture, implementation, debugging, documentation, and maintenance
- Use agile development processes
- 6+ years of experience developing embedded products and associated hardware integration
- 1–2+ years of experience in firmware engineering
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Background in all aspects of product development lifecycle, including project management
- Experience with MSP430 processor family preferred
- Bachelors in Electronics Engineering or related field or equivalent experience required
- MS in appropriate field preferred
Senior Software Developer C#
This job is 80% development and 20% team leading. There is long-term potential to run an entire development team, but initially this role will report to the General Manager of Software and the Vice President of Software. Along with primary development responsibilities this role needs to provide technical guidance to junior team members as required. This is a hands-on development role.
Key Performance Indicators
- Intact external SLAs with existing customers.
- Proficiency of projects completed on schedule.
- Proficiency of projects released without bugs found either internally or externally
- Intact internal SLAs related to the software department
- Minimum Bachelors of IT/CS or equivalent work experience
- previous experience in: High transactional environments
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience with ASP.NET and C#
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience being part of a development team and working within an Agile and Scrum or other SDLC environment
- Ability to code and implement front end web applications and backend processing systems
- Proficient in MySQL usage, query writing and schema creation
- OOP, RESTful API, service oriented architecture preferred
- Strong design sense and end-user empathy
- Self-Starter, with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Can-do attitude and willing to put in whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Positive outlook with a glass half full disposition
- Expert level- Microsoft ASP.NET and C# using MVC
- Extensive experience with object oriented programming
- Expert level Problem solving skills and ability to perceive items outside of the box
- Capable of building a high quality customer-facing transactional site from scratch.
- Experience leading a development team
- Able to design solutions from scratch and present designs to a team
- SQL Server or MySql Knowledge of Stored Procedures
- Able to develop code that allows for expansion and flexibility
- Project Management Experience in creating tasks and schedules
- Adept at Requirements Definition, Prototyping and Functional Analysis
- Three(3)+ years of leading development team preferred
- Two (2+) years’ experience with project management preferred
- knowledge of infrastructures such as Cloud, Clustering, VM and Web Farm; training in Architecture, Enterprise Development Standards, and OOP; and knowledge of Flash/Flex/JQuery/Ajax preferred
- Relational Database Design Knowledge preferred
- Java, Android and iOS knowledge preferred
- Experience reporting status to senior management preferred
- Prior experience mentoring junior employees preferred
- Experience converting business requirements into technical requirements
- On-call experience preferred
The Sales Representative will be responsible for selling and providing sales assistance to the sales executives and is the liaison between them and their client base. Ultimately the Sales Representative contributes to achieving organizational sales targets by serving as a key force behind lead generation and follow up. We are looking for someone who is passionate about sales and is looking to excel their career in this arena.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Working closely with the Sales team to assess the progress of the department and assist in the execution of the sales strategy.
- Supporting Sales executives; making initial calls to clients, prospecting, qualifying leads and get to the point of scheduling a meeting.
- Able to maintain a good relationship with the existing clients as well as trying to find new ones through cold calling.
- Interaction with clients/potential clients over the phone and in person.
- Creating follow ups and tracking sales generated from various sales events and tradeshows
- Follow up and respond on behalf of sales executives when they are out of the office
- Ability to travel with sales executives for client calls
- Proactively manages key partner relationships to strengthen overall solution capabilities and drive greater value to the clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- A minimum 2 years of sales or marketing experience
- Must be able to grasp and understand basic technical concepts.
- Is a self-starter with great attention to detail; Organizational skills is a must.
- Hunter mentality – understand targets and figuring out ways to get them on the phone; set meetings
- Presentation skills to small or medium sized groups.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including overtime as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally – 30% travel
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar CRM software a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possesses excellent communication skills to act as a liaison with clients and colleagues
- Constant professionalism with internal and external clients
Embedded C++ Software Engineer
The Embedded C++ Software Engineer works with a team within the Engineering Department, and reports directly to the VP, Engineering. The primary role of this position is to create improved and upgraded versions of Dynamics product as well as working with cutting edge technologies to be used by Dynamics clients. A successful candidate will be able to adapt to a constantly changing, fast-paced environment while keeping up-to-date on development trends and technologies.
- Life-cycle Code development: architecture, implementation, debugging, documentation, and maintenance
- Collaborate with a small team of developers to ensure appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools applied during the development life cycle of the product
- Meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload by working with project team and understanding requirements and developing estimated completion times
- Initiative to learn new skills, research independently and keep current with technological developments
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion - work successfully in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Work effectively with colleagues in both business and technical roles
Technical Experience and Skill Requirements
- Java Card Architecture, Software Architecture Design for Smart Cards
- Java Card applet development
- Smart card applications (Payment, eGovernment, public transport)
- Standards like Global Platform 2.1.x., 2.2.1, VISA, MasterCard, EMVCo
- Secure coding practices / methods and knowledge of cryptography
- Communication Protocols for smart cards (ISO7816, ISO14443, SWP)
- 5 years of experience developing embedded products and associated hardware integration
- 2 years of experience in embedded software engineering development
- Strong background in all aspects of product development lifecycle, some experience with project management preferred.
- Experience with MSP430 processor family a plus
- Bachelors in Electronics Engineering or related field OR equivalent experience required
- MS in appropriate field preferred