POSITION/TITLE: Embedded Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP Firmware Engineering
REVISION DATE: May 16, 2018
Dynamics Inc. is a mature high-tech start-up that designs, manufactures and markets intelligent powered payment devices. We focus on introducing fast-cycle innovation to top bank card issuers and our signature innovation is the world's first fully programmable magnetic stripe used in our next-generation payment cards that utilize all three industry transaction methods: swipe, pin & chip and tap. Recently, we have integrated powered card technology into fully interactive, client facing websites and back-end processing systems.
Dynamics believes a great company culture comes from hiring the most talented, team-oriented people that work well together in a fast paced environment. Join the start-up team at Dynamics as a key player in creating the future of payments and card technology.
Dynamics is currently seeking an enthusiastic and engaged Embedded Software Engineer that will be responsible for designing and building the firmware that makes our powered cards run. You will be part of a team that pushes past the limits of existing technologies in a fast-paced environment where creativity and initiative are rewarded. In this role you will work closely with many areas of the company, including hardware engineering, manufacturing, production, quality assurance, and information technology.
- Design and build product firmware in C and assembly language
- Define and understand product software requirements and develop estimates
- Write and execute product specifications, verification plans and documentation
- Work with hardware engineers to develop new product hardware and participate in design reviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate standards and processes are applied during product development and production
- Meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize work with minimal oversight
- Manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion in a dynamic and changing environment
- Take initiative to learn new skills, research independently, and keep current with new technologies
- Fluency in C and expertise in embedded software development and hardware bring-up
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field
- Expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of basic hardware design principles
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both business and technical settings
- Experience with MSP430 processor family is a plus, but not required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.