POSITION/TITLE: Director of Corporate IT/ Cloud Administrator
REPORTS TO: GM of Software
REVISION DATE: May 16, 2018
Dynamics Inc. is a mature high-tech start-up that designs, manufactures and markets intelligent powered payment devices. We focus on introducing fast-cycle innovation to top bank card issuers and our signature innovation is the world's first fully programmable magnetic stripe used in our next-generation payment cards that utilize all three industry transaction methods: swipe, pin & chip and tap. Recently, we have integrated powered card technology into fully interactive, client facing websites and back-end processing systems.
Dynamics believes a great company culture comes from hiring the most talented, team-oriented people that work well together in a fast paced environment. Join the start-up team at Dynamics as a key player in creating the future of payments and card technology.
Dynamics is currently seeking an enthusiastic and engaged Director of Corporate IT / Cloud Administrator, that will be directly engaged and responsible for new product and process development, supplier management and global supply chain development activities for our powered card product line. As a key leader of our manufacturing team at Dynamics, you will provide critical support in the drive for improved quality and cost reductions. You will also be part of a team that creates the next generation of powered cards. You will work closely with every functional area of the company including product engineering, production, marketing and sales, quality assurance, information technology and our global supply base.
- The Director of Corporate IT will handle hands on administration of both Partner (customer-facing) and corporate (internal) environments.
- This role will take on responsibility for all hardware and OS aspects of these environments and associated internal and external SLAs.
- This role will report directly to the General Manager of Software or the CIO and have KPIs based on existing SLAs.
- The position is primarily hands on with a 60/40 ratio of hands-on duties versus management. IT Operations and IS consists of systems administrators and network engineers with a large number of running virtual machines in multiple. Maintain external SLAs with existing customers.
- Maintain and improve internal SLAs for Exchange, network uptime/capacity and virtualization.
- Track record of completing projects on schedule within budget.
- Strong knowledge and experience with complex, miniature manufacturing processes
- Experience in high volume manufacturing and with the semiconductor industry is a plus
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbally, across the organization (shop floor to board room) and be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the business
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and tolerance analysis.
- Solid understanding and experience in lean manufacturing and 6-sigma business systems
- Experience in working with and managing subcontract manufacturers especially in Asian countries
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/CS or related field, or equivalent in work experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Enterprise Linux System Administration or Windows System Administration (with relevant experience in the other)
- Minimum of five (5) years in a lead DevOps role
- Advanced experience and knowledge of network infrastructure (WAN/LAN/Wireless)
- Advanced experience with enterprise storage (Netapp preferred, EMC or similar)
- Advanced/Expert level expertise with standard Microsoft Enterprise Platforms (Exchange, Active Directory, WSUS, SCCM)
- Advanced expertise with virtualized infrastructure (Xenserver preferred, VMware or Hyper-V)
- Solid foundation planning/implementing Disaster Recovery, Service Continuity Management and Business Continuity Processes
- Experience managing vendor relationships, soliciting and evaluating proposals
- Proven leadership experience managing a high performing team
- Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, similar)
- Experience in highly available web environment with on-call responsibilities
- Professional experience managing/operating production systems on AWS
- Good grasp of fundamental security concepts
- Should be familiar with several of the following:
- Configuring & managing LAMP stack
- Desktop Administration (Patching, Software Deployment, inventory)
- Troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, netstat, iostat, sar)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.