POSITION/TITLE: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
REPORTS TO: SVP Operations
REVISION DATE: April 3, 2018
Dynamics Inc. is a mature high-tech start-up that designs, manufactures and markets intelligent powered payment devices. We focus on introducing fast-cycle innovation to top bank card issuers and our signature innovation is the world's first fully programmable magnetic stripe used in our next-generation payment cards that utilize all three industry transaction methods: swipe, pin & chip and tap. Recently, we have integrated powered card technology into fully interactive, client facing websites and back-end processing systems.
Dynamics believes a great company culture comes from hiring the most talented, team-oriented people that work well together in a fast paced environment. Join the start-up team at Dynamics as a key player in creating the future of payments and card technology.
Dynamics is currently seeking an enthusiastic and engaged Senior Manufacturing Engineer that will be directly engaged and responsible for new product and process development, supplier management and global supply chain development activities for our powered card product line. As a key leader of our manufacturing team at Dynamics, you will provide critical support in the drive for improved quality and cost reductions. You will also be part of a team that creates the next generation of powered cards. You will work closely with every functional area of the company including product engineering, production, marketing and sales, quality assurance, information technology and our global supply base.
- Evaluate and develop manufacturing processes by designing and researching best practices; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication and assembly processes, tooling and fixturing design and applications, materials and quality control standards; conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from a broad range of internal and external team members.
- Engage with product engineering during the design cycle to ensure design for manufacturability and tooling to ensure efficient and capable production methods and processes. Ensure the total supply chain capability is aligned with evolving product concepts and designs and take early action to ensure successful new product launches.
- Ensure alignment of the manufacturing supply chain to the quality Management System. Assure product and process quality through the development of testing methods, statistical process controls, process standards, audits and training.
- Perform qualification tasks and capability development activities for contract manufacturing supplier operations and processes. Coordinate manufacturing startup with suppliers to insure all components and final assemblies achieve critical quality and performance specifications.
- Manage equipment vendors to determine machine and tooling specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate equipment according to specifications and quality standards to ensure capability for the application.
- Achieve product profitability goals by completing projects within required time constraints while meeting all quality, cost and delivery targets. Constantly be searching for new and innovative was to drive down the total cost of manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge and experience with complex, miniature manufacturing processes
- Experience in high volume manufacturing and with the semiconductor industry is a plus
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbally, across the organization (shop floor to board room) and be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the business
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and tolerance analysis.
- Solid understanding and experience in lean manufacturing and 6-sigma business systems
- Experience in working with and managing subcontract manufacturers especially in Asian countries
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
- Demonstrated material work experience in a high volume, complex assembly manufacturing environment. Most relevant would be low power, high density, high volume, mobile products.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent education/work experience (masters degree is a plus)
- Self-starter with proven history of driving supply chain capabilities and efficiencies
- Strong quality process background and understands FMEA’s (Failure Modes Effects Analysis), 6 sigma, DOE’s (Design of Experiments), and Failure Analysis following 8D process.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.